Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Vault...

The Vault is a bunch of Timberland boxes full of paper and composition books that I've accumulated through my years of writing..I found something in the Vault that I wanted to share with y'all..It's called Tistory

Physically born in Brooklyn, mentally raised in Philly,
sent to be more than merely another pawn, I'm clearly..
A different form, sincerely split from the norm,
was nearly swept by the storm, weary, but standing strong, ya hear me?
prisoner of war barely escaping captors carefully,
made it back to the underground passageway..
where they say it gets greater later, worse before better,
to make you settle for lesser, or go for whatever
but cee when desperate times call for desperate measures
I still good connects, bags and heat under the dresser
never far removed from street rules, groomed by vets
bear the weight of the world, three sets, a hundred and twenty reps
allegedly should've seen death, if I let them tell it
seen my family on crack though, never brought myself to sell it
heard the door close, a match get struck, then I'd smell it
Satan's breath exhaling, that's when I started rebelling
ain't too much you could tell him, Pop's vanished at vital times
Mom's kept me home on check day to wait beside her in line
This rhyme "Mirrors the Soul" like Kahlil Gibran
reflecting the sick design that molded my twisted, gifted mind
rewind back to school trips, five dollar stamp a few cents,
wrapped in a coupon booklet with the blue tint
since boiling water to wash with in slum lord apartments,
been flipping like kids on pissy mattresses behind the projects
thoughts of eighty-three, Pop's might've bailed or been in jail
Mom's flew flew to Ft.Lauderdale every week, it never failed
all was well, waking to Steel Pulse and reefer smells,
before speak and spell I saw grinders and triple beam scales
still and cee til my first mob flick experience,
why the kitchen used to look like a science experiment
Take it serious, the truth hurts but never fear it,
glance past appearances to unfold mind, body and spirit..

No comments: