Monday, March 2, 2009

America I Am


Peace. Tavis Smiley and sponsors have put together an exhibit at the Constitution Center here in Power Hill. My Ol Dad thought it wise that the men of our family make a day of viewing the exhibit together. So, yesterday, me, my physical, my eldest sun and my Father literally walked through the halls of history.The exhibit was filled with actual artifacts that were directly related to the imprint of Original people on American culture. My only true gripe was that it only went as far back as slavery-I'm not complaining though.It was very monumental to experience the fervor and splendor of our people that these objects project considering the tumultuous times they were amidst. It reminded me of the Universal Flag-the Sun shining through regardless to whom or what!!. My Sun was immediately dissatisfied upon entry into the building, yet even he cheered up at the sight of the belongings of some of his heroes, including MLK, Malcolm and Muhammad Ali. The decors and craftsmanship of the entire show was superb. Even the lighting played an ill part of telling some of our stories. I recommend it for all those who have access.It will be here in Philly until the understanding day of Master Allah Why.Peace.

1 comment:

Steez said...

Thats whats up fam. Ive been contemplated goin down there. I think you've convinced me.