Monday, December 1, 2008

Father.Why.I. (F.Y.I.)


Peace. When I first started this blog a sister sent me an email stating that she had some questions about why I use certain terms and phrases. She expressed that some of the things I say are rather exclusive and may lose the people who are not familiar with them. I want to take this time to provide those “unfamiliar” people with my reasoning behind blogging in the manner that I do. It’s simple. THIS IS HOW I TALK (cee Dave Chappelle as Samuel Jackson)! If one were to walk up on a casual conversation between me and my family, you will most likely hear us travel from 120 to the Bible to the Quran to Zen to Astrology to Chemistry to Sexuality to. Well, you get the point. During this casual conversation we would not stop to clue the unknowing on lookers in on what this word means, or what this phrase comes from or what book you could find said topic in. So, I blog in this manner to “teach it real”. To explain everything within the blog would lose more people than not, as the average person has a very short attention span anyway. Plus, as my brother Cee Allah Self put it “You get what you can get, and whatever you don’t get you weren’t qualified to get..yet”. In addition, I encourage anyone with a question to post a comment and I will get back as best I can. It would be easier to expound on the specific area of question, rather than presuming you know nothing and explaining everything. This has been another Public Service Announcement by the Almighty, we now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

No comments: