Monday, December 22, 2008

Family Affairs

Peace. I wanna go in on the concept of “family” real quick. One of the Gods once told me “The lowest form of family is physical family.” I can say today that I surely bear witness to that. There is a HUGE difference between being someone’s relative and being someone’s family. As it stands I have a handful of people that I am related to that I have a special bond with, while most of who I consider true family I do not share the same blood with. Some of these familial relationships I have built over time, while others have been instant , on some strictly “a-alike” s**t. For example, I have two brothers that were my mental combatants when we first met (Shout out to O and Ren).We were for the most part strangers, who would meet up everyday and debate for like a three month span (mostly about me coming in the direct name of Allah). What began as complete disagreement became a mutual respect and understanding. From the chaos of those strangers was born the peace of true family. An example of the latter would be a God named Rasheen Supreme (or Ra-Ra) and a God name Lord Siru...These brothers I met one time (separate occasions) and it seemed as though I knew them already. Anytime I saw the Gods there seemed to be an untold history that I was silently aware of with these brothers that I just could not put a finger on. I never took much time to examine it back then, we would just live it out...Ra Ra might’ve had 1-10, so we had more of a social equality amongst us. Me and Siru would walk together though, he was one of the youngest Gods to knowledge 120 at the time and his understanding was real peace. That’s not even a flash in the pan of the fam I have with me to this day, though. They are too many to name. Its wild cuz when things get thick there are very few relatives that I can call on to help me out, yet I got family that will be there in seconds flat, no rap. I want to take the time out to show some appreciation to them. ***EXTRA Shout out to Cee Allah Self. That’s my brother in tribulation and in the kingdom of patience. He’s a real genuine cat, which is rare these days. ***Peace.

SIDE NOTE:
Speaking of brothers IN tribulation, I called my man Salaam (formerly known as Infinite, the God who sparked me to the Nation who is currently a Sunni Muslim) about a week ago. When I finally got a hold of him on the power he, I went in “Will you set up home and wait for a mystery God to bring you food?” I was met with stuttering and stammering, then the eventual “Huh? Say again?” So I repeat the degree again, “WILL YOU SET UP HOME AND WAIT FOR A MYSTERY GOD TO BRING YOU FOOD??!!”…His reply was “Naw (pregnant pause).Why would I? (another pregnant pause). I’d starve!!” I said “Okay. Who is that mystery God?” He replied “I can’t call it. You care to answer it?” Of course, I quoted the remainder of the degree and he explained how it’s been so long, he doesn’t remember the verbatim (My Uncle does not talk his own language)...Now, I know what I did was antagonistic, however it was necessary...One, I consider this man to be my brother (love is love, near or far), so brothers HAVE to call brothers on they bullsh*t..Two, I wanted to see how deep the Sunni-ism goes with him. And what I gathered is, it’s nothing more than a shield for his filthy affairs. Anything involving a mystery God leaves room for a scapegoat- and that’s what he’s looking for. It was a weird moment altogether, like on one hand there was some short-lived enjoyment from revisiting degrees with an old companion, followed by sheer disappointment in seeing him become “Cipher” in “The Matrix” movie. I’m itching to call him again, yet I think we all know this time he ain’t gon’ pick up...

No comments: