Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Magic of Micheal Jackson

My colleague/brother found a link for a 3 disc Jackson 5 collection.I can't wait to get my PC back on its feet so I can grab it because Mike is the truth.Me and my committee had discussed how ill he was as a kid competing with grown men of his time and SMASHING s**t!! Not to mention what he did as an adult.You can't deny how impactful the man is..no matter how throwed off he appears to be..One of the days I realized how deep Mike really was was while my oldest sun Ishine was attending Muhammad Islamic Academy.I came to pick him up and he was so charged! He proceeded to school me on the movie they watched at school and how ill this guy named Michael Jackson was. It was hilarious at first, I couldn't help thinking " How my lil man gon' school me on Mike???!!!"Then it really dawned on me how expansive Mike's appeal was. Shine detailed how Mike could sing,dance, become a werewolf,car and spaceship on the movie he watched, while all I could do was be proud as an Original man. Mike has sold millions of records, made millions of dollars , pulled some of the shrewdest business moves, made thousands cry and faint, without a gloating moment whatsoever..Tell me he ain't the sh*t?! And here we are today and the glow in my seed's eyes reflects the magic of the Moonwalker.

2 comments:

Steez said...

LOL!!!!! no doubt fam MJ is a once in a millenium artist. Watching those old videos or hearing Billie Jean thinking about how mike made the ground light up....I feel like a kid all over again. And for him to still be able to touch the youth now like he did when we were younger...well thats the very definition of magnetic.

Bootzey said...

I would still swoon and pass out if I saw Michael Jackson and his old behind moonwalk across a stage.

Looking forward to the throwback concerts!